Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just saw this..

and posted it as a status on Facebook, but it was to good, so I had to bring it here...

A person had commented on a friends status that she had seen a bumper sticker that said the following -

"Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8"

So even though she said what Pslam 109:8 is, I still looked it up myself.

Psalm 109:8 reads as follows "Let his days be few, and let another take his office".

I think I like this one line prayer.

(a clarification in comments)

2 comments:

iiri said...

A friend blogged, she as upset because the ENTIRE Psalm talks about killing your enemy, and I wrote her a comment as follows -

"When I posted Psalms 109:8 I specifically stated verse 8...

"let his days be few, and let another take his office".

I did read the entire Psalm, and I did see that it was followed by a death, but by posting just that one section, it struck true with me.

Of course I don't want him to die, he has children, but 'let his days be few' to me, impeachment...not death, which is why I did not continue the Psalm, but just that one specific verse.

That was my take on it :-)."

Hopefully that clears up my thoughts.

mandy_moo said...

I agree with ya... You know where I stand politically. And who cares if you took it out of context to suit your feelings?i'm pretty sure almost everyone has done that with a scripture before.