I saw that fan page come up in my news feed, and I remembered immediately a truck picture I had seen with that same phrase on it, and I thought it was pretty clever (if not very true). I did not vote for Obama. I did not, nor do I currently, like him as a President. I honestly voted for John McCain (and with that vote fully supported his choice of Sarah Palin as his Vice Presidential choice, and would LOVE to see her run for President in 2012, but alas, I think Obama will burn the American people so badly that I don't think they will have another leap of faith left in them to elect her, political affiliations aside (remember, he's African American, she's a woman, you can figure it out.) That also explains why I am a fan on "Sarah Palin' on face book.). Ok, sorry, I see I went on a mini story there, let's back up again, and see if I can get it right.
I did NOT vote for Obama. While I think he thinks he has many great ideas, I think they only look good on paper. To actually make them happen, well, take the most recent senatorial election. A republican won. In a democratic state. Let me repeat. Scott Brown, REPUBLICAN, won, in MASSACHUSETTS! Shouldn't that tell us something about the state of things? If the people are so pissed off at our Democratic President that a traditionally democratic state elects a republican things are really not good.
While Obama has ideas, to implement them he has to convince the rest of us that they are good. Some of us believe they are good, some of us (myself) think they are a step towards, let's see, China, Russia, pre-Vietnam War Vietnam. In short, Communism. What we have fought against for so many generations.
I do not believe in anything Obama has to offer, and the fact that he is trying to shove these ideas down our throats, either in his own voice, or using his minions like Pelosi, really rather scares me.
After the election, I was honestly terrified of where this country would go, and what would happen, and so far, everything I have expected has come to the surface, but admittedly, the republican party (and some democrats who have my full respect) are fighting back, and much faster, and more efficiently then I was anticipating.
Glenn Beck (another face book fan page, BTW) is someone I enjoy listening to, because he has it in a nutshell, listening to him (and Rush Limbaugh) really gives me hope that there is SOMEONE ELSE who get's it. Now, before you get all "Fear mongering idiots they are" on me, let me say that I listened to them AFTER the election, and was floored by hearing each of my own thoughts being echoed. I felt contented to know that Sarah Palin had a fair shake on Fox News. I felt thrilled to know that there are people who have public voices who may just make one person stop and think about what is going on. (Oh, and anyone else find it bizarre that Barack Obama, President of the United States, was trying to find a way to remove Rush Limbaugh from the radio, and therefore violating his first amendment right to free speech?) I'm currently watching Glenn Beck right now, just so you know, LOL!
Another face book page I am a fan on "Can this Squirrel get more fans then Barack Obama?". Short answer, I sure hope so, cause he's not doing a very good job doing his duty as far as I can tell. How about start listening to the people, and actually doing your JOB? None of this trying to get the Olympics, and telling us that whether we like it or not we're getting this health care that to me makes no sense. Taking credit for things that Bush did, but because they are coming to fruition in THIS term, he's taking every ounce of credit...that's not right...
To date, he has said one thing I liked. Snow day for the kids in Washington D.C. He said something along the lines of "Ridiculous that school closes for so little snow." Pretty sad isn't it?
And now, I'm gonna go change into my pajamas, and mentally write out my next 'fan-of' blog... "Staying in your PJ's all day."
2 comments:
I will admit something, it is something I have made clear, I did vote for Obama.
I will also say I was going back and forth on McCain and Obama until they picked their vice-president picks.
It wasn't so much Palin (I have my own views of her but this is your blog so I will not get into it), it was it felt like, you want a woman I will give you a woman. I think he picked the wrong woman. I think there are so many other strong women, so many other, better choices. Had McCain picked Romney (who was my #1 pick) He would have gotten my vote.
Now, in hindsight, I think BOTH were bad choices. From the word go. I think people were so fed up with Bush, they want, and screamed for something new, and better.
Bush screwed up, but I voted for him, and I supported him until the end. He was the type of leader we needed in some very dark days.
I do think Obama (now) was a mistake. I do not see him changing anything, I see america stuck in the same slump we were in when Bush was in office.
That said, I do agree, america, and myself made a mistake. But that mistake started at the caucus, and ended or will end, in 2012. (holy crap!)
2012 does look kinda scary huh?
Post a Comment