Wednesday, March 3, 2010

'Fan-of' #2

Here is a facebook page I am actually a fan of.

It's titled "Mom, mom, mommy, ma, mom, mom, ma, ma, mommy, mommy...WHAT!!...hi!"

This one might be hard to get my half page out of.

I am a fan of the facebook page mentioned above because it's SO true! There, that's it. No, I kid. Let me continue then.

It is a true thing to hear once your child hits speaking age. The incessant "momma, momma, mom, ma, mommy, mommy (daddy) momma.." it's like the energizer bunny it just goes and goes and goes. It's so funny to listen to, especially when the child is really just playing and trying to get your momentary attention. It's just so amazing that a child can take such amusement and such joy out of just simple words that will almost always melt a mother's heart. To be a child again, and just have your day brought to such a fun and great level, it's impressive. We all should take a lesson from that.

Another reason I am a fan of that facebook page is because i hear it, in some version, on a daily basis. I hear it from both my son (who is doing it because it's funny, as I said above) and my daughter, well, she's just a pain, but I love them both, and hearing it, it really does melt my heart, even if it is annoying sometimes.

I remember playing similar 'games' with my parents, and it always made me chuckle, and now being a parent, i can see, and remember te sheer pleasure of knowing "mom is listening".

This is the perfect segway into my next 'fan-of' blog, which is "I get amazed by the stupidest things! ;) " Coming soon!

(I think I made my half page?)

3 comments:

Kate said...

lol!!! that page cracked me up when i saw it... i love the family guy!

& you're right-- the true things are funniest :)

i don't think i'm a fan of much on fb, but i might have to change that to join you guys in writing these essays...

Kim said...

LOL That page is funny!

Kate, Iiri is a fan of like a billion, she is picking 10. I am a fan of 9, and I am dreading, totally dreading the next 5.

iiri said...

LOL Kim!

I am not a fan of a billion, it was 82 until I whiddled them down to 50 something...

Looking through Kae's friends 'fan-of pages' (cause we lost hers, OH NO, and oops! We're trying to piece meal it back together) one of her friends is a fan of.....brace your self...seriously....

1400+ pages!!!!!!!!!