It would be awesome if we, as a Nation, stopped taking care of the rest of the world and took care of ourselves for awhile. Yeah, I know, we 'need' to help others to maintain our dominance, but yeah, why are we pouring money (we don't have) into other nations, without thanks, or acknowledgment, while we have people who can't afford diapers for their babies, who have no roof over their head, and who can't afford to go to work (which, yes, is ironic, but living in the middle of nowhere, I see it)....
Yeah, my thought for the day.
While it takes a village to raise a child, the village needs to be healthy and strong within itself before it can help anyone!
2 comments:
AMEN!
I was just thinking about this recently. I always think about how this applies with individuals--you can't care for others if you don't first take care of yourself--but it totally applies with our nation, too! But nooo, we have to run out and be "super heroes" to everyone else *eye roll*
Post a Comment