Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Now wait a minute! (part 3)

If you are just coming here, before continuing to read, please check out The beginning (part 1), and the read the response on Say what?!?! (part 2). If you are all caught up, let's continue.

Yeah.

Those of you who know me, know that I am not one to sit by and let any member of my family be disrespected like that in the best of times. That time frame, I'm sad to say (and as you probably gathered) was not the best of times. I was sleep deprived. I was suffering from postpartum depression. Suspected PTSD, and still had moments of grief so strong that my heart broke anew.

Seeing my man, my love, my life, hurting so badly, actually open up and talk about it, only to be kicked in the virtual nuts by someone who was supposed to love him so much was not something I could bear. It was not something I could leave alone. I knew he wouldn't say anything back, because that's just how that family works, and I was not going to allow him to hurt more by caustic ill timed insensitive words.

I did what I felt I had to do. Right, wrong, I don't know, nor do I care. I did what I had to do to preserve my family and my man. I responded.

Titled - "Obviously"

"I see that you felt the need to say what you said. Fine.

Obviously your beloved brother was hurting, and you chose to attack one line in the whole blog, why? I don't know.

I don't have a problem with what you said, as I said, you needed to say it in your opinion, but why, when you know he already is hurting so badly, did you have to choose now to say it? What he needed, NEEDS most, when he feels like that is love, not an attack.

I don't understand why your e-mail couldn't have said something more like "I'm sorry you're hurting, I know nothing I can say can take the pain away, but know I am here. I know we haven't talked as much as we may like, but we can change that." Compassion. A little does go a long way, especially when (in my opinion, which I am absolutely POSITIVE you will disagree with) you weren't there for him when we Lost Julian and Tristian. Yes, your Mom sent along your love, and the florwers were beautiful, but an e-mail here or there from you, or an IM saying, "I love you brother" would have been an INCREDIBLY positive mood booster for him. I'm sorry, but in the aftermath of losing the twins, and then being OPEN about how he feels (no, you are not the only one) and tehn being attacked for a line that was just a passsing comment.

I think you owe your brother an apology for at LEAST the timing of the e-mail, in my opinion.

I think you may find there is yet another person who speaks their mind when upset. Me.

Fix it. Only you can. Not your mother, not your sister, you."

Part four coming soon.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I see nothing wrong with your email. You were not vicious or hateful...just spoke your mine

Still to lazy to log in. said...

Agree with Amanda.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely