Love the news, its really the best.
An article I found said jobs went up in December. Uhm, yeah, of course they did. Most stores hire extras for the holiday season. Duh.
Like I said on FB, I'd be impressed if the report was for March, NOT December.
(December jobs report seen showing greater hiring)
Maybe it's just cause I live in a seasonal job area, but really. Do they think that Americans are dumb enough to read that and think "Yay! The economy is doing better!"?
I guess so, otherwise they wouldn't print it. I don't buy it.
28 comments:
Overall payroll employment rose by 103,000 last month. Among the sectors with the largest payroll employment growth were leisure and hospitality (+47,000), education and health services (+44,000), temporary help services (+15,900), and manufacturing (+10,000). Local government (-20,000) and construction (-16,000) were among the sectors that subtracted from the total.
Only 15% from temporary work.
Hello there Anonymous, to bad you're not brave enough to tell us who you really are, but hey, you're also hiding in my feed-jit too, so, yeah. Wus.
And having been hired as full time worked, which was turned into a temporary position, and seeing it all over the place "Yeah, well keep you on past ____" followed by a lay off, I don't buy that statistic for a second.
Duh.
and to be hired by a temp agency (which I highly suspect that number is reflecting) is VERY different from being hired at say MACY'S for the holidays.
Wow, way to attack someone for not having a blogger ID, and not even knowing how to block a feed thing. I like, though, how you choose to ignore the facts to make your opinion on the piece valid. Education, health services, manufacturing...these industries do not hire seasonal help through the holidays. Just accept that jobs did increase. I'm not sure why you do not want to do that except that you have some kind of hatred/conspiracy theory against the government or something, which is pretty irrational.
Looney alert. to the other Anonymous ;)
Well, isn't leisure and hospitality CUSTOMER SERVICE?
So based on those numbers TEMPORARY holiday workers are 62900 over HALF of your numbers...
Sorry Anonymous #1, your statistics don't hold water. Oh and Iiri, ABO :)
I commented back, but it's not showing, but here is what I said (and I will delete this one if/when the other shows up)
It's really that hard to add an
-Iiri
to the end of your post? I have my blog set up so that anyone can comment, and since you choose to hide, and not even add your name anywhere (which you can also do when you post BTW by using the name/url feature) suggests me you're intentionally hiding.
As far as your arguments, where I am from, almost all of those areas do hire for seasonal positions, so, from my perspective, I am NOT ignoring the 'facts' as you call them, but going by what I see.
As far as a hatred for the government, uhm, if you read the rest of my blog you would know that I don't like our current Reign, and I do in fact miss GW. Although, that has nothing really to do with my post, so for you to bring it up is pretty irrational.
Also, while I'm asking, why do you care what I think, especially since you are unwilling to tell me who you are? My blog is my place to vent and show my very own opinion, I never asked you to agree.
Perhaps I should change my header back to My Stresss (aka I'm a bitch get over it) as it was a couple months ago.
- Iiri (this part added on for good measure) cle
Leisure and hospitality are not customer service, and customer service does not mean temporary or seasonal. Wow, weird facts you people come up with.
Funny, someone just states a number (fact) and is attacked because it is against the belief that the original poster states. So much for engaging debate and rational conversation these days, huh? Guess this is a blog to skip from now on unless I want a change to shake my head at pure ignorance.
Are you telling me I should believe everything i read?
Leisure and hospitality are customer service, how are they not? To come to a hotel, (hospitality) and then o skiing (leisure) both rely heavily on good customer service, and the customer service needs to be at all levels, maids, ski lift operators, restauranteurs (sp) etc...
And still, wondering, who are you? By now you've had ample opportunity to 'show your face' so to speak. How can there really be a heartfelt debate if you're unwilling to share who you are?
My point to the blog, was publish this in March/April, it would hold more weight then coming right out of a holiday season.
And ignorance, perhaps you are the ignorant one? Maybe I'm seeing clearly, and past the smoke screens (conspiracy theory anyone? LOL!)
-Iiri
Woah. Looney. Interesting to see how the deranged mind of the other half works.
Uhm, huh?
What are you on about?
Although, I'm pretty sure I might know who you are.
I'd say it works fine if you ask me, but then again, some people have an IQ of a rock, but they 'care' so that makes them special.
~the other half
understanding, caring and compassion from others. that seems to be lacking.
I don't know you, so I don't know how you could know me.
Fair enough.
Name then?
My name is Barb, as if that matters.
Sure it does Barb, why wouldn't it?
Either way we don't know each other. Doesn't make my comments, or yours, any more or less valid.
Perhaps not.
Anonymous #1, if you do not know her, how did you find her blog?
And why is it the first time you comment, you continue with a debate that you clearly are not going to win? Are you trying to ruffle some feathers? Is your life that terrible that you need to debate on some random strangers blog? Now honey don't you think that looks a little retarded?
OK last anonymous person, thanks for the attack, totally unnecessary - i just presented further facts on the issue discussed, would have debated it (and won) if I didn't get barraged with nastiness for stating a fact, and for not having a blog thing and so clicking the easiest option.
But now it appears that you are accusing me of something? Have you ever played around with the internet? It's amazing what you find if you click through here, click through there. Sometimes you end up on a blog, and put down some numbers that are true, and say nothing else, and end up having someone jump all over you. And sometimes you manage to engage in meaningful discussion. Do you think everyone who has ever seen this page knows this person? Have you never read the blog of someone you didn't know?
hate to butt in on a conversation, but i'm with iiri. N & i were jsut talking about this. unemployment #'s also don't accurately reflect the # of unemployed either-- they no longer count people who've been on unemployment so long they dont qualify for benefits, or those who are UNDER employed, which amounts to about the same thing. it's a sad state of affairs.
Well, Barb... I know for a fact that the privacy settings on this blog are set pretty high. You could not just google some random saying, and be linked to this blog. And you wonder why we question you? You have also skated almost every question asked, until your little troll mind can come up with a response.
Am I pissing you off yet? Because I will keep going, I will not let this rest. I think you do know Iiri, and I think you already KNEW the link to this blog.
Kate, see, that is just it, the numbers just aren't accurate...
OK whatever weirdos, I don't know you all and obviously you are ignorant and closed-minded, so despite the craziness I may have gotten enjoyment out of reading here occasionally, I've decided that this weird little place is not one for me to come visit again! Bunch of paranoid crazies. As for the person who thinks I know this girl, wow, you are the craziest of them all! Talk about paranoid! Whew! I cannot imagine what it is like to live in that little world! Good luck with all that!
Well, you did evade questions, so that raises doubt, even a paranoid crazy like myself can understand that perspective, and if a normal sane person can't then perhaps the shoe is on the wrong foot?
Some of the employment increases were jobs created by temporary programs too, which will be reflected in, say, March? when the programs end and small businesses will be forced to lay those people off again. Plus, I'm pretty sure that a lot of December's new hires will have their hours dramatically cut this month...
Anonymous #1 - looks like maybe you need to do more than parrot back what you hear from the ol' boob tube.
Wow. That was an interesting read (the crazy anonymous arguing anyway). I totally agree with Iiri. That's all.
Post a Comment