So, I'm assuming you've read the previous blog posts? Parts 1-6? If not, here are links to them.
The beginning (part1), Say what?!?! (part2), Now wait a minute! (part3), Really? (part 4), Uhm, I don't think so... (part5), and Slap! (part6).
Now, after all that drama, seriously, all the follows seems rather 'flat' for a better word, but i'll start with my rather bland response to her.
Titled - "RE: Obviously"
"I agree, round and round, when all it was was trying to help.
No more.
I will not be visiting the house while you are there.
Have a great life."
So I sent that e-mail back at her, and followed it closely by an e-mail to the woman she lives with (a Maternal relative of J's), letting her know that while H is there, I will not be visiting,a s i don't want to be in a place that I am so clearly unwelcome. Probably not the wisest move, but, I had to at least give the heads up, because otherwise, that just wouldn't be fair now would it?
Then we did end up going to visit, but we stayed elsewhere, and I bit my tongue, and played 'nice'. Then we had the whole encounter of me offering to H to settle over a glass of wine, which was ignored entirely, and through other means was thrown back in my face.
I compromised with a Christmas visit, and I kept my tongue, and let the family enjoy the holiday (while i had a bit of wine) and no effort was made, at all, on her part to reconcile so there was no rift between her and I.
She recently got married. We were invited. I knew that I would not be going. I encouraged J to go, but the date of it, well, let's just say that was not well timed. He was hurt, everyone (and through the whole after effects of the above issues as well, not just this one instance) defended her and her feelings, no one considered J's. We left it alone, he did not go.
A certain young man that I know, blogged, and he wished two sets of his grandparents a happy anniversary. that was hijacked by an anonomous' poster telling 'him' how the date's were wrong,and how H would have made her Grandparents so proud. (Not to mention, when we had Liam baptized, I asked someone older and maternal when her parents birthdays were, and she thought my inquiry wasn't important, and ignored me. Purely by chance, we had Liam baptized on one of her parents birthdays. All hell broke loose with the family.)
Now, while J's issue(s) with these people are independent of mine, I find it odd how he is looked down upon by them, even before I had an issue with H. my issue was really only with the one, the one who blamed me for all. The one who couldn't see the difference between me just having had major surgery and a new baby (but, this did NOT happen, she just thinks it did, but it didn't, I know, I was there...although she did call several times, and never asked to talk to J) and not wanting to be seen on webcam (which i would NOT have cared, I am not vain in the least!) and telling her brother she can't talk with him on webcam after his firstborn sons died because (I quote) "I don't have my makeup on!". the person who saw one serious relationship of J's, and because of that she is the ultimate authority to insult him by telling me that "And, Jeff isn't a big boy...he gets dragged by his dick by whatever girl he's with. Trust me...we've seen it before. " The person who tells me it's my fault a certain older woman is not involved, but fails to see that I was trying to keep a blog up and updated for her to stay in touch with Liam's life.
Yeah. I'm over her.
6 comments:
BOO FOR CRAZY FAMILY! Sorry :(
Amanda
agreed! boo for crazy family--i know all about it. not to the extent that you all do though. (((hugs)))
Wow, H is such a f'ing bitch.
ohh see I logged in ;)
good ridance, i say. it's sad they had to behave that way, but in the end it is THEIR loss. you already have the best of that family in jeff, anyways! i am sorry they've been such butts to you guys tho....
Yowza. I remember hearing bits and pieces of this over time, but seeing all the specifics is just crazy. Crazy.
Post a Comment