Let's call her Rebecca (not her real name of course, but for the sake of this blog, her name is Rebecca.)
She has three kids. Her youngest is just catching up on toddler age. Her oldest is just going into a smaller grade, her middlest is pre-school.
Three great kids.
Seems like a nice little family, and who know, maybe it is, and I am reading things very very wrong, but after talking to some of my other friends, I am not sure I am, because they feel the exact same way I do.
Something in that house is very very wrong.
I will swear to you, that every single day, and I mean every, at least one of her kids is sick. Yes, every day. Random fevers, tonsils, ear infections, hospitalizations, vomiting, diarrhea, dehyration, sore throats, belly aches, MRSA, pneumonia, random skin irritations, sunburn, the list literally goes on and on. This list is just what happened with her kids after they were born, never mind her pregnancy.
My friend S commented to me the other day, about how much Rebecca's kids are sick, which really reinforced my feeling on the matter.
Something is very very wrong. There is something wrong in that house. I know friends have suggested to Rebecca that she should change day cares or move. Rebecca refuses. She says she can't afford it. Yeah, being a single mom is hard, especially when dad is a dead beat, but, something is wrong where you are, and with what you are doing, you need to fix it, because your poor kids, they are suffering.
If she won't fix it, or make changes towards fixing it, I have to wonder, is she doing it (not changing) for the attention it brings her? Is she so wrapped up in the "Aw, poor kids, it must be so hard to have kids that are so sick all the time" that she is willing to put her kids at risk? There is a name for such a disorder as well, it's called "munchausen by proxy".
-sigh- I don't know what to do anymore. I have tried to help her, but she just won't listen. I hear her talk about it, and it just breaks my heart.
2 comments:
When they will not listen there isn't much you can do.
I also know someone like this. Her child is always sick. I think it is the black mold in his room, she claims they don't have any (I have seen it). Her father claims it is because they didn't do his circ right (I disagree). Either way it is NOT normal for this kid to have a constant runny nose and cough.
I will not allow her kid around mine (because of C's health) but, then it is me being paranoid (well yeah I am, so what?) that he isn't sick.
*shrugs* some people just don't get it. It gets to a point that people think you're a slob, that you personally are doing something to your kids, or that you're a liar and your kid/s are fine.
Ick. I truly hope she's not doing it for the attention, whether the kids truly are sick, or not. Attention seeking behavior drives me nuts.
I can kind of understand the not having the money thing, but come on. Something's gotta give eventually. Do other kids at the same daycare end up sick all the time? I know when kids first start daycare or school, they can end up sick all the time due to all the new germs they are coming in contact with, but if my kid was sick all the time, I think I would break into a million pieces. I know another mom on FB whose kids are always always sick and I don't know how she handles it.
Like Kim said, there isn't much you can do if she won't listen or take advice that is being offered. Another thing that makes me crazy. If you aren't going to take the advice that is offered, quit complaining about it.
*shrugs*
Post a Comment