I will call this part 2, because in theory, I have already quasi blogged about this, and you can find that post here.
Today, we decided to stop by at McDonald's and grab a small snack, and give Liam and Kae time to play in the play place. We finished our small 'meal' and stepped into the play area, where Kae and Liam both donned their socks (it's "required" although virtually no child in the summer actually wears socks, but mine do, we follow the rules, LOL!) and away they went.
I was watching the other kids, because you can usually spot the trouble makers right off, and I noticed one little boy climbing onto the top of the bottom of the slide. While it's probably not safe for him, unless his timing is absolutely impeccable, he shouldn't hurt anyone else in his climbing were he to fall, and so he was a little "blip" on my Mommy Radar, but nothing huge.
What set my alarms off were the two little blond boys were were going UP the tube slide. Instantly I was in alert mode, and looked up to the little peepholes at the top of the slides, to make sure no one was coming down. Thankfully there was no one, and a few seconds later, I saw both boys appear at the top. Deep breath taken, I looked around at the parents.
Here's the scene as I saw it.
There was a couple comparable in age to Jeff and I, talking, and watching the area themselves, seemingly unconcerned. I doubted the two boys were theirs.
There was a grandmotherly type figure, sitting close to the climbing area, looking around like she had lost her wards. Again, I doubted it was her children.
There was an older gentleman(?) who was looking towards the entrance to the climbing area, at the opposite area of the slide exit. Again, likely not his children.
A dark haired lady (I could not see her face, but I immediately suspected the boy who was climbing the bottom of the slide was hers) was sitting at a table with a blond lady, who had not, in the time i was scanning the room and watching my children climb into the play place, looked up from her cell phone.
The two boys slid down the pink slide. The start on their way up the green slide.
I bet they are cell phone lady's kids.
I watch as the two boys go back up the slide, and again look up to make sure no one is coming down, again, no one is. I look at Jeff, and step up.
I walk over to the woman (and the other couple, but, they are just there) and ask her if they are hers. She said yes, so what? I said they climbed up the slide. her answer was "So?". I responded with something like "If someone else slides down they could all be hurt." Sounds reasonable, sounds good, makes perfect sense.
"Oh well."
Wait, did I seriously just hear her say "Oh well"? Really?
I told her that While I'm glad she doesn't care if HER kids get hurt, I certainly DO care if MINE, or someone ELSES kids get hurt.
"It was a joke." She responds with.
Wow, really? "Oh well." is a JOKE when it comes to kids safety? I seriously don't care if she cared about her kids safety, that's her prerogative, but when her kids are endangering OTHER kids, that's a problem to me.
So what does she tell her kids? "One more time and then we're leaving because we don't want a parent yelling at us."
How about, instead, "You guys, you know you aren't supposed to climb up the slide, so if I see you doing it (which she wouldn't have anyway, being all nosed into her cell phone) we're leaving."
How about, control your kids to begin with.
How about care about other peoples kids.
I did, in fact (although after the fact), go talk to the employees, and they said I could have come to them, whatever, I'm not worried about that part, I am willing to stand up for my kids safety, they did, wholeheartedly agree, that that behavior was not allowed.
I really felt like telling the kids who "had to leave so 'Mom' didn't get yelled at by another parent" that it was me who was worried about them, so now they had to leave because theire mother couldn't control them, sorry...
I did go apologize to the other couple, who didn't even bat an eyelash, and told me no worries at all, it was protecting my child(ren), so they are not at all concerned about me. (and that was after the lady left, and I glanced at the guy, sighed, and he nodded his head at me in a "Yes" type fashion.)
I guess that part says it all huh?
4 comments:
~like~ ;)
seriously, these overweight blobs of cellphone addicted dumbasses could not give one iota of a rats ass.
low-rent people/parents piss me off.
--------
Iiri, see didn't comment.... about something :P
Sad. Very sad. Just another reason I'm afraid to let my little guy out of my sight. I don't trust anyone :( and when he's around other kids, bigger or smaller, I hover because I'm afraid of what he might accidentally or unknowingly do. I guess I just need to be afraid of the other kids and their parents. Just sad.
I feel so bad further kids whose parents can't be bothered to pay attention to them. It should be a lot harder for some people to become parents.
And they breed is very right. =0)
I agree with Ginger. There are people who shouldn't be allowed to breed and parents who are more concerned about themselves than there kids are ones who shouldn't. I really dislike going to McDonald's because I've run into a few people like that.
Post a Comment