Friday, June 4, 2010

What to say.

There is nothing to say, nothing to bitch about. Ok, I lie. There is plenty, but what do I relly wanna wrap my mind around right now, what do I really want to venture on? Hmmm. How about a FB status that i posted, and it got immediate response.

Now, politically, I love Sarah Palin. I make no bones about it, I don't hide it, I just really like her. Her only fault, in my opinion, can't really be resolved, and that is that she stands for old fashion beliefs, yet leaves her children home while she goes to work. Granted, she's trying to change the world, but that part of it, really hangs me up, but other then that, I think she's brilliant...ok, not brilliant, but I really do like her. Anyway.

Have you ever noticed that with certain things there are polar opposites, without even trying? Like, in NASCAR, most often, if you like Dale Jr, you HATE Jeff Gordon (not so much now that they are team mates, but in years past.) and vice versa. In foot ball, if you like the Patriots, you hate the Colts, and vice versa. In baseball, if you like the Red Sox, you hate the Yankees, and vice versa. Hockey, if you like the Capitals, you hate the Penguins, and vice versa. In basketball, it you like the Bulls, you hate the Pistons, and of course, vice versa. then there are the little guys no one notices...anyway.

If you like Sarah Palin, it seems you hate President Obama, and, you guessed it, vice versa. Truth be told, I didn't like Obama from the moment I saw him, so it's not the Palin dislike, but if you want to call me that, sure, I can't disagree, I really dislike Obama, just like, many who LOVE Obama, hate Palin. Fine. It's R vs D...I'll boil it down to that. Anyway.

I posted a status on my facebook tonight, it read -

"Ya know, if we went with Sarah Palin's "Drill Baby Drill" concept, the oil leak would have been stopped by now, as it would have been easy to fix on LAND, and not spread all over the Gulf Coast. Huh. Something to think about. Just saying;)"

I completely agree with Palin's "Drill Baby Drill" concept, it would have, in this instance, kept all the oil on land, and contained.

Pretend Palin did not say it. I still completely agree. A oil spew on land is so much easier to control and fix then an oil spew 1 mile deep.

There are those who disagreed with my status because (I believe) I mentioned Palin in a potentially positive light. Ok, you can know that this person is a Obama supporter. So this is where I'm going with it right? Wrong.

President Bush. How I miss that man. He was funny, he took his ears, -cough-, errors in stride, and did what he felt he could do, and that was wage war against an enemy across the ocean that attacked us on our own soil. I HATED him for even considering Iraq as a target, and really believe that we should have stayed Afghanistan, but, he thought otherwise (Lord knows why, but hey...) We were fighting a war I believed in, in a place I thought was inappropriate.

Let's take a moment here for me to say, while President Bush was in office, I did not care for him, he was not my vote, and although I didn't care for him, I didn't hate him, and although I disagreed with some of the things he (we) did, I could, for the most part, stand behind him, and say "G. W. Bush is the President of MY United States." (Stole the Windows thing, ha!).

Katrina. Hurricane Katrina. (deep sigh). It was horrible. It was awful. It was Sad. Bush reacted after a couple days, sent what he could, and did his best to relieve the public outcry for help, when he was allowed.

9-11. (deep sigh). Heart wrenching. Depressing. A wake up call. Bush was told in a classroom where a story was being told to the children. He finished the story before he excused himself and went for more information. I, for a long time, felt his response should have been more immediate, but, that's me.

Bush's response in either case, while not immediate, pretty timely once he realized he was needed.

BP explosion in the gulf Coast. Where, WHERE, is the public outcry for help? It's there. We must not forget, President Obama is held to a different standard. He's, yet once again, passing the buck, and in a situation where the government SHOULD step in and help, and should have weeks ago, he's complaining about how the BP execs have it all wrong, and how it's not fixed yet.

Back to Palin. Yes, she's got an -r- after her name. Bush, another -r-, but please, before you say, oh Iiri, She's all -r-, I also loved Clinton. Reagan (yeah I know another -r-, I lean that way remember?), he's my kind of President, but Palin, I think she can bring it to the table, and bring the table to the people.

Do I hate Obama. Yeah, you could call it hate. I don't want him dead or anything, just I can NOT wait until he's out of office. I'm so sick and tired of this double standard. It's ridiculous, and quite honestly, really makes me understand the desperation of the Colonists.

5 comments:

Legerdemain said...

Agree 95%. :D

Tea party here we come, 2010 style. ;)

Legerdemain said...

oh, and comment. ;)

Kim said...

I saw the status. While I hate Palin, with every bone in my body hate her. I do agree with LAND drilling. This whole BP thing is out of hand.

I will also say Obama is not on my fan list. I don't hate the guy, but I also do NOT like him either.

*sigh* I wish we could have Clinton, or Bush back.

iiri said...

I'd go for Clinton of Bush, heck, even Hillary would be good!(Who I think ran more behind the scenes then -we- will ever know;))

But yeah, I guess not everyone who hates one loves the other, but it's a definite trend, LOL!

I am just really tired also of the double standards, that is what's burning me...

I really don't mind if you knock 'My' President, but don't give me crap when i knock 'Yours'. LOL!

iiri said...

err, Cllinton OR Bush, LOL!

Clinton of Bush, LOL!