Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Instead

of deciding that adults, indeed, have a clue, Kae said that chickens, in fact, do not make a sound similar to 'bawk', but instead they cluck. It does not matter that I, her mother, had 5 years of her childhood raising chickens, or Jeff, her 'step' father, also grew up visiting his grandparents who had a farm (with chickens) and her Nana also spent 5 years with chickens.

No, she is basing her oh so educated opinion on the fact that she has gone to a friends house that has chickens. So, all chickens must -cluck- and none, at all, 'bawk'. She even called her friend to prove it to me (who was not home).

Yes. Meet my daughter, the contraryian. (however you spell that).

6 comments:

Tabor Yen Smith said...

well, at least I know what to look forward to in a few years. a does that too and she's not even five...

Legerdemain said...

yeah, kids, can't do much with em' at this phase.

Kim said...

I want to agree with her.. But..

I won't. I can't say 100%. It seems like they would bawk when angry, and cluck when content. Of course my experience with chickens was several years ago and they just creeped me the hell out. Oh a blog idea!!

Anyway, yes I know what you are dealing with. K is just as bad. The whole square rectangle thing, something about a square is always a rectangle but a rectangle is never a square *shrugs I can't remember for sure what it was. The fight lasted for DAYS.

iiri said...

Oh Kim, I never said they DIDN'T -cluck-. It started when I said 'bawk' at Liam, she told me, matter of factly, that chickens do NOT 'bawk' they -cluck- end of story. That's what the issue became, the fact that they DO 'bawk', not only -cluck-...LOL!

iiri said...

Tabor (heheee) it only gets worse...

Jenn said...

OK I own 16 chickens, and I'll say, most of teh time they make kind of a long drawn out moan, like 'uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh" but when they (insert sound) to me its more of a "buck buck buck" and if they're mad "bu-GAWK" lol