I have had some wine. I'm in a mood. be warned.
We still haven't heard anything from the guy who was oh so happy to help us on Saturday while 'car shopping'. I guess he's either off, or doesn't check his email (because Jeff does not make phone calls, he is an email, txt, IM, type of guy).
I wasn't under the impression that carrying a baby to term, or not, caused you to be any more, or less, of a mother, or awarded you any special badges of honor. If you ask me, Preemie Mom's, they are where it's at. Not Full termers (not that there is anything wrong with full term, but to realy appreciate a full term pregnancy, I now believe that you need to know how hard, and scary, and rewarding (at times) preemies can be). So yeah, my special award, Mothers of babies born before 36 weeks. (and even 36 is a stretch, most babies at that gestation do very well, the real heroes, the 33 and below...)
Hot days. Seriously. Working with the public, all winter long all I hear is "It's so cold". today, it was 90. I loved it. You know what I heard? "It's so hot". WTF! I spend my winters trying to remember (and much to Jeff's disgruntlement, I play it out by turning up the heat, which is propane, and a PITA company) 90 degrees. Bitch about it in, oh, say, August?
You know, Jeff has 25 minutes left before he has to harvest his carrots. Yeah, you liked that one huh? Top it. he is thirsty AND he has to pee.
There is an Egyptian sun god, he's funny as shit. Missed him. Glad he's back around.
I have no teeth. Yeah, fun stuff huh? Like you cared, or wanted to know.
I think I should go to school, but not sure for what.
Just heard tha stupidest quote of the TV. "Nobody dies from a rattle snake bite. A lot of people go into shock from it, and then die, but not from the bite." If the person were not bit, therefore, no shock, so not dead. Right? So how does that statement makes sense?
Family surprised me this evening.
I just love people who listen to just enough...which is never enough.
Yeah. Let's see what 'hate mail' this gets me.
10 comments:
Bitch! heehee, but your are mine. heehee. LY!
no hate mail here just gotta lmao @Jeff
(((hugs))) some people are ignorant and say insensitive things
LOL had to giggle.
jeff grows carrots? now i love him even more!!!
this was a fabulous post,btw. you should drink & blog more often!!! :)
I have to agree with you on the preemie thing. I make burial buntings for stillborns/fetal demise (since, ya know, I've been given so many)and was gonna add baby hats to the mix to donate to the hospital along with them, and said to myself, screw that, I'm making preemie hats only, because there is that "need"...i dunno, I cant express it, but I can tell by your post that you get it as well.
And yes, I still read your blog. :-P
Jenn, that is awesome! I loved the little preemie hats the NICU had. I was going to steal one (but the nurse was all up in my face) and I couldn't.
Kim, I shall make you one, for posterity :-)
I cannot believe anyone would say you aren't a twin mom. WTH? I consider myself a twin mom and no one even knows that I was pregnant, really. I agree with what you said, it can't be easy to have a preemie, you fight for everything.
the preemie hats are awesome!!! the boys ahd the cutest little puff ball ones that they wore before they even had clothes... whoever makes those things for the hospitals is deserving of much love. they made me & N very happy & it helps somehow to see your tiny tube-covered babies looking even more adorable in a fuzzy hat. :)
Hehe, I giggled too. :)
Post a Comment