Monday, April 12, 2010

Deletions and blocking...

I need to start this one out by saying, these are my OWN personal choices...and that while I wish others would not do it...it's not my blog/fb/twitter/etc etc...so while it bugs me, it's ok...

My take on deletions. I say what I say. It came out of my brain, and out of my mouth, or fingertips. I have been faced before with 'he said she said'. I hate them. I decided early on in my electronic existence, that I will save all my messages, and not delete things that involve ANYTHING that I said. If I am faced with 'but you said' (which I have) I like having the ability to copy paste exactly what it was I said, and, if necessary, what the other person said (although I don't generally share the other side unless I feel like it's important.) . It's just who I am. It drives me buggy to see other people delete parts or whole conversations, or comments...again, not my place, but, still it's allowed to bug me. I even have a hard time with editing my posts or blogs. I tend more to try to comment to my own "post" instead of editing...every now and then my original is SO screwed up I'll change it (with a note that I changed it), but if there's a comment of ANY kind, I will leave it be, and either leave an edit at the bottom, and not change the original text, or as I said above, I'll comment to myself.

So, if you wanna play 'he said she said' with me, go ahead. I have my copy...do you have yours?

Blocking. This is another thing that bugs me. While I don't care if other people block me, i will not block another person. I am like that. It really isn't like deleting what you said, but I just don't go there...in many cases, when you're ready to make amends, if you're blocked, you can't, and that defeats the purpose now doesn't it?

Also, my feedjit thingie over there. I block myself on my own blog, but everywhere else, no, I want people to know I'm looking...I don't mind, if they don't want me looking, they'll say something I bet...

What gets me is the people who think they are pulling one over on me by blocking themselves here (yes, I know there are a couple of you who do), well, you don't have to! Really. It's no biggie, openly stalk me, I don't give a rats ass. I have nothing to say but what's on my mind, an like I said over there-----> (under my info) if that bugs you, don't read it.

So, yeah, that's me. LOL,

14 comments:

Legerdemain said...

Stalk. Stalk. Stalk. What?

I'm out in the open. Crap!

But yeah, what she has said!

Kim said...

My take on deleting.. If I have said something out of anger I will sometimes remove the post. If I feel that *I* was out of line I will remove a post. BUT I keep every email, Even if it is just general chit chat, I have it. I have every sent email from since I opened my email account.

Blocking, if there is a person that I do not want back in my life for whatever reason, or if they annoy the crap out of me, I will block. But I do not block everyone because I have a fight. Matter of fact I have TWO people blocked on fb my ex BIL, and someone who annoys me.

Also, I think I have hidden myself on one blog, only because I was on it so much I looked stalkerish. I have since changed IP addresses and I am showing back up.

Anyway, that is my thoughts on why I do it my way. =0)

iiri said...

See, I get why you do it Kim, and that's fine by me!

Me, if I say it, I said it...that's that. My brain says, I can't take back spoken words, so why is the written word different? Just the way my brain works...(and angry or not, the "i have what *I* said DOES come in handy sometimes...) I'd rather apologize for an error, then remove it...

but then, I don't begrudge you for the way you do it either, just bugs me, I can get over it, LOL

Kim said...

I seriously am stalking tonight. I am trying to figure out how Rena did the feedjit thing... I think I give up.

Rachael said...

hum never knew you could go hidden on blogger..

iiri said...

Kim, I think it says something like "who are you Pawlet? Add location and profile information" Mine has been saying that a LOT for me tonight!

iiri said...

Rachael, yes, you can, but I'm not gonna tell you how, no going invisible on me! LOL!

No, seriously, if you wanna know how, message me on FB or CM...

Legerdemain said...

Racheal, yeah I never knew either, though mandy never shows up on my feedjit. So she's hiding... shhh! ;)

and Iiri.... I'm STALKING!!!!!

Makes me wonder who's been on my blog then. dang! :puts on tinfoil hat:

iiri said...

Watch 'signs' much Jeff? LOL!

Legerdemain said...

maybe... :keeps tinfoil hat on:

mommylife said...

I had no idea that people could block themselves either. I wonder how many people have done that to me.

I actually think it's a good idea to keep emails. I've had the he said she said thing done to me as well. So, for certain people, I keep everything.

Kate said...

how do you know someone's blocked themselves from being seen on your blog? just curious....

& i NEVER delete emails. it's lawyer in me, i think :)

iiri said...

Just a hunch Kate...

mandy_moo said...

I swear I haven't blocked myself from anyone, LOL!! I don't have any idea why I don't show up anymore, but we did recently change internet providers, could that be it? *shrug*