Saturday, November 20, 2010

Now really, that's interesting. Thanks!

It's seriously not a secret to anyone that there is a certain family member of Jeff's that i do not get a long with.

I have also made a gesture towards resolving this giant abyss, as i referenced (with agitation) in my 'I hold grudges' post.

I also, with absolutely no malice, mentioned her in the post about her upcoming wedding (you can find that post here), and the irony that I was not being mean to her (in that post), and yet I was given shit for it, does not escape me.

So there's been mention of her here and there through out my blog, those are the two most recent posts...and not really entirely sure that -this- post is at her, but more the situation.

As I said, it's no secret that I have issues with her. I have also made it no secret that given the opportunity to talk with her would likely get past the grudge, and I have also made it no secret that I made an effort, and she poo-pooed it.

This morning, while doing my wake up stuff, I went to my 'sister-in-laws' FB page, and after posting my message, I saw there was a picture she was tagged in...so curious I checked it out.

It was Jeff's younger sister's bachelorette party (I call them Bitch Parties), no biggie...

In the comments there was something about where are her shower pictures?

Wait, Bridal shower? I seriously have every reason to not be surprised about not knowing about the bitch party, that's fine by me...really, a little rub, but nothing huge. Nothing I seriously couldn't get over, getting a long or not, as she IS over 500 miles away.

Her Bridal Shower? That one bugs the daylights out of me. Not that I expected an invitation, but, at least the opportunity to send her a little something (if I wanted to) would really have been nice. Seriously. Even a phone call, or a FB message, letting me know, just in case I wanted to send a small gift card, or a fridge magnet, or even a .50 bottle opener, anything. Nah, Iiri doesn't need to know.

Somehow, I get the feeling that either the rest of the family decided it was best to keep me out of it, or mentioned to her and she didn't want me involved on any level. Fine, whatever...

But ..

Don't blame me for shit. Not when I have made it clear that all I wanted to do was talk it out, then things (for me) would be fine.

Oh that's right, it's all my fault that I felt like my love needed support and help, perhaps I shouldn't have told his sister how much he was hurting, and how much more she had hurt him, oh, and how to fix it...but ya know, that's just not my style.

Yeah, way to leave me out, I appreciate it, thanks. I'll keep it in mind next time I'm in the neighborhood visiting my family.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I hate that. ((HUGS)) my SIL does the same thing and it irritates me to no end. How would they like it if you did it to them? They wouldn't.

I am sorry.