I even asked for suggestions on FB as to what I should blog about, and came up with many great suggestions, so let's see how many I can touch on...perhaps even in order;)
Suggested by Jeff - Jeff's time while we were in MA the weekends before last. I know he painted. I know he took pictures. I know he mowed the lawn. I know he talked with me through text, and he talked to Katie through text. I know he had a campfire, and he brought his mac out so he could FB while he was enjoying the campfire. That's about all I know.
Again, suggested by Jeff - Men are so whiny when they are sick. It's funny. While I do think that they feel things differently, I do think that they must have a 'take care of me gene' that brings out the whinyness when they aren't feeling well. In their defense, maybe it's just cause us women generally are pretty stoic about being sick because we feel like it doesn't matter, we still have our 'mommy' jobs to do, so when they guys even utter a moan its like "Whatever...". Jeff isn't -so- bad about it, but he does go there on occasion;).
Suggested by K - On a medical forum, there was a question posed on a pregnancy (first trimester) board. The question was the effects of marijuana use during pregnancy, she said she had quit, but was curious. My take in a moment. What bothered me the most, and one of the main reasons I left this specific forum, was the fact that this woman was being ATTACKED as though she was still smoking pot. "Quit now or reassess your decision to have babies" Wait a minute BITCH, if you had BOTHERED to actually READ her ORIGINAL post she SAID she quit the DAY AFTER she found out she was pregnant. So yeah, there were a couple such posts, and it REALLY bugged me...regardless of my stance on this one (which may surprise some, may not surprise others at all.) I really feel, pregnant or otherwise, moderation is the key. Not just with pot use, but with drinking a glass of wine, smoking cigarettes, but nothing pertaining to the harder illegal drugs, and even those sometimes are difficult to quit, and so, here is my somewhat confusing take on it. Legal drugs and alchohol. Drinking a glass of wine a night while pregnant, in the US, is not socially ok, BUT there are other countries (and some 'local' doctors) who will say that it's fine. While pregnant with the twins, I was told that if my contractions became to close and to strong, to have a glass of wine and hit the road to the high risk hospital. Granted, I live 100 minutes from the hospital, so it was a different situation, but overall, moderation while pregnant, in specific instances, I see no problem with, and have seen pregnant women in restaurants with a glass of wine. My hope for them is it's not a 'regular' or over indulgent thing, but I see no issue (personally) with an occasional beer or glass of wine. Cigarettes. They are demons. I smoked entirely through my pregnancy with Kae. I smoked for 22 of the 25 weeks i was pregnant with the twins. I smoked for 21 of the 37 weeks I was pregnant with Liam. the twins I was told to NOT quit, and I did, and guess what. they aren't here. I know it's not really related, but kinda bizarre don't you think? My point. It's hard to quit. If your doctor is aware, and you are making steps towards quitting, then other people can step off. It's none of their business. For example, if -I- can't have a say in whether they keep their baby boy whole, then THEY can't have a say in if I smoke or not while pregnant (BTW i am about 2y6m smoke free). I just think that it's ridiculous the judgmental attitudes people get. Whatever progress that is made towards quitting, or even cutting down, is immediately undermined, because not only do you feel like shit before hand, but now, you feel even worse, which is NOT helpful in the quitting process. My advice to those who are (please excuse the term, not sure which other to work better) nazi must quit now types, step off, and try a gentle approach, it works MUCH better. As far as pot. again, moderation. I see it's effects as both a positive and a negative, and if you are using it under the care of a doctor, then do as you need. I can't speak up really. I never smoked pot while pregnant, but i have known many who have, and I know one woman who's son is not right, and never will be. Is it because she smoked pot? Maybe, maybe not. But, again, moderation. Illegal harder drugs. No. Not ok, unless you are under a doctors care and in the process of quitting. Now overall, drinking, smoking, pot, illegal drug use while pregnant, if you're NOT under a doctors care, you need help, and I do NOT support that decision. Just to make it clear, that I am ok with it as LONG as your doctor is in the loop. (Sorry that was a long one)
Suggested by K - "Enough about you, let's talk about me." Get over yourself. It's NOT all about you, and if you can't 'share the love' then you need a slap in the face. Seriously. I can't stand how many people i see who bring e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. back to them. It's incredibly annoying, and I honestly wonder how these people have made it thus far in life, cause I know there are enough people like me out there who would tell them to sit down and shut up.
Suggested byu K, (not) suggested by K - A friend and her hubby came up this past weekend, really, they came with the 6 kids, we hung out, she got way drunk, they went home, LOL! We just really hung out, and other then that, not a whole lot went on. Their kids are great though, and I am looking forward to seeing them all again soon.
Suggeseted by L - I really like blogging, and putting stuff out there, so the next suggestion, which is 'don't', i'm just acknowledging here;)
Suggested by KA - 10 things you really don't want to know about me... 1:if there is something in my nose bugging me, i am not afraid to pick it, i do try to be modest about it though ;). 2:I have hairy toes, I like my hobbit feet:D 3: I like picking at zits, i should have been a dermatologist. 4: I love dreaming at any point, but i miss my preggo dreams, they were 'good' if you get my drift. ... (and here I ask Jeff for help) ... 5: I'm a closet lesbian, which is good because the only chick i would ever go for (to date) is Sandra bullock, and while she's recently divorced from her husband (the super hot Jesse James) for good reason, I don't -quite- think I'm her type, AND that's even taking into account she circ'd her son, which I would have a serious talking to with her about, LOL. 6: I used to be a little wilder and crazy, but then I stopped. Jeff is convinced it's because of him. I am convinced it's not. 7: I have never read LOTR. 8: I try really hard to be 'friendly', unfortunately, not everyone sees my efforts as such, LOL! 9: (only two more, i can do this!) While I bitch about them, i generally don't mind 'action' movies. 10: Shows about history, ,whether it be US, world, or even the history of the universe/planet are almost always something I will watch.
Here's one that's 'good' (and flows into J's suggestion). You know they want to build a Mosque at the Ground Zero site in NYC right? Why? Seriously. Let's add some insult to injury. I really don't have an issue with Muslim, and Islamic practice (well, until it interferes with my way of life) so this is not a racial type comment, mostly. This is a case of 'one bad apple ruins the bunch'. the one bad apple i guess is several who reported to the one bad apple, aka Osama Bin Laden. Enough about that really. Just it's not racial, it's common sense. We were attacked on our own soil by Muslims, and we are expected to say "Oh that's ok, let's build a Mosque where about 3000(+/-) of our citizens and heroes died, that's ok. We'll get over it." It's been 10 years. We're not over it. Building a Mosque essentially on Ground Zero will NOT make us get over it. It will do the opposite, especially knowing there is a large number of Mosques withing a 5 block radius. Build a memorial, or, here's an idea, if we need to go with religion, build a Non-Denominational church, so ANYONE can go to it, not just Muslims (who granted were not among the ones who attacked us, but it's almost like telling Republicans they can trust Obama.) Just can't go there yet. Look how long it's taken for some to trust the Japanese after their Pearl Harbor Attack, there is still a fair bit of the older generation who won't even look at them, nevermind engage in building a temple for them.)
So there ya go. Long, wordy, probably confusing at times, but it is what it is.
6 comments:
okay... you still haven't asked specifics... so :P
It's because we have to pretend to be so strong in day-to-day activities, we actually let our guard down for the ones we love. :P
Pregnancy nazis. that's all I got to say about them.
But what about me... come on! ;)
Blogging, writing, yeah, she does.
1. yep.
2. Hobbittess ;)
3. nasty, yet she won't pick at my back or such. :P
4. preggo dreams were good ;)
5. yeah, too closeted if you ask me . heehee
6. it is me. Simple. Before me, wild. With me, not so much. :P
7. yeah, she reads, reads, and reads, but no Lord of the Rings.
8. too hard sometimes I think.
9. unless they are 'comic-book' movies... though to date: Iron man, okay, and Unbreakable, okay. ;)
10. addict. period. hahahaha
Because, going with the me.me.me. from earlier. The mosque at ground zero is about upmanship. Let us try to build a christian temple in the heart of islam once. Yeah, they won't even let jews practice where they LIVE. And with our current commander-in-chief playing at the Our Lady of the Links on every sunday, I doubt we will see the leadership of presidents past on this matter.
and you still haven't offered:P
and perhaps, but still :P
yes,I will admit, in certain instances I am also one but that's more immediately after birth, LOL!
Enough about you, this is MY blog, heheheee! (that just worked, I had to go there)
It's fun!
And the list...
3 - you've never asked
5 - Haha
6 - perhaps the teeth issue might be an issue.
7 - nope, boring.
8 - i try to still be me, so they just don't like me:P
and you are to true, I was already huge in length though, so avoided a great bulk of the topic. perhaps I should have left that one to it's own spot..
i don;t know why you need to wait for me... just do or ask. period. it's not hard. waiting is too passive for you.
:P
luvya
LOL I wasn't confused I was amazed you got them all in one!
I admit I was confused by the comments.
I love popping zits too!! So does my sis. LOL. This one time I had this HUGE one on my shoulder that she popped, she actually jumped because it startled her with its crazy explosion. LOL
LOL, you're too funny! Quite an enjoyable read! Too much to comment on though. :P
Post a Comment