Thursday, October 1, 2009

What the F***?

Ok, so . I have decided that the people who now run what used to be Leonards Gas and Electric suck. They apparently finished the transfer of name, ownership, whatever this summer and it's now known as The Dead River Company.

Mom got a oil delivery in June, and waited on her bill to see what the damage was, and instead a couple months later was greeted with a late notice. She went in to pay her 'bill' and told them she never got a bill, and questioned how it was late with that knowledge (she always got a bill in the past) and she was told that her account said she didn't want invoices after deliveries. How in the hell is she going to pay a bill without knowing how much it is, ESPECIALLY when oil prices flucuate so much these days? They changed that..and she's current blah blah blah...

I get propane. I had a delivery Mid-August, and never received a bill. Surprise. This past Saturday I got ann overdue notice...ok, same thing that happened to Mom so far. I made note of the amount, and left it at that for now until we do our new month budget. Tuesday I get an actual bill. Ok, 3 dollar interest charge, but fine...again, made note of the amount...Today I get a DISCONNECT notice!! WTF?!?! I'm beyond pissed now. Within a week I get an overdue, a bill, and a disconnect, in that order, when I didn't even get the ORIGINAL bill?

I called and told them just that..."the account says you're supposed to be invoiced a couple days after delivery." My answer..."I'm glad it SAYS That, but I DIDN'T get one, so how is that MY fault?" I told her that I would pay the bill as soon as I could, which certainly isn't 3 days after I get the bill...

Fortunately, there is one nice person there now. She put a note on the account asking not to
disconnect because we didn't get the invoice. I thanked her for that. I feel bad because I spoke harshly at her, but at the same time, SOMEONE needs to know what's been going on since the official transition! I hope she passes this information on.

I think it's time we look into a new heating source. This is the second time I have had a run in with TDRC

Last winter when they were still known as Leonard's I had a *little* problem...short version. I ran out of propane..oops, my bad...had a small balance, had to pay the balance to get more propane, ok, can afford that. Was told that since delivery is the day before I had to pay extra, like $80 extra, I declined (would have made for a REALLY tight week), bought a $17 space heater and went without 'good' heat in my room (which Liam shares) for a week, only to find out that it WAS my delivery day, and I should NOT have been charged, so I was without heat in my room for a week for NO REASON!

Ugh!

3 comments:

Kate said...

wow does that suck! there arent any other companies you can try?

iiri said...

I'm going to be looking into what others are in the area and what we need to switch..not sure I can handle a winter of this kinda bull...

iiri said...

Oh, another statement telling me I can't get a delivery until I've paid the over due balance..that's 4 in one week, without getting an INITIAL bill! ARGH!