We just did our annual fall spring cleaning (sounds funny huh?). It's literally hiking up into the woods to our water spring, and digging out the muck accumulated over the last year...
Involved is draining it, then taking a handy dandy home made 'scooper' and scooping the muck out...and among the muck what should we scoop out...
A dead SQUIRREL!
Eiew eiew eiew eiew eiew!!!!!!
Yuck!!!!!
Ok, so that's gross...I told Jeff I would have been happier to see a frog! (Yeah, I know weird.)
The spring has been our water supply for, well, forever just about, The years it's frozen (yes frozen) we've pumped water out of the river (and yuck as well!).
I remember Dad vaguely telling me he's found random dead things in it before (he passed away a few years ago after suffering from a stroke, so it's been my job to clean it for quite some time.) and this was the first time that I found something.....
YUCK!
I think Jeff and I are going to look into a fairly decent water filtration thingie mabopper...not that it'll fix things NOW, but still...ugh! Or we could do a well, but after a couple thousand dollars we would STILL have to pay a couple thousand MORE to get a water filter to get rid of the sulfur smell (we live on a sulfur plate...)
Gotta love living in the middle of the woods in the middle of nowhere.
Care for a cup of tea?
1 comment:
GROSS!
Post a Comment