Sunday, October 11, 2009

I know better.

I know better then to watch any of those videos on FB for a cause relating to child abuse. I know better. It makes me so sad, my heart breaks, and I just get sick to my stomach that ANY child has to endure pain because the parents are fucking assholes. I can't imagine how ANY mother can sit there and listen to her child scream in pain, and ignore it, or go to the doctor and say "he fell" over and over, to protect the retard of a man they are CHOOSING to be with. Children should be the first priority in a mothers life. the job is to protect and love your child. I just can NOT imagine how a mother can even CONSIDER letting another person (or even doing it themselves) inflict pain on their child!

I was laying in bed last night, regretting that I chose to watch a video of this poor little boy in England who has since passed, who was abused daily by his step-father, and who's mother, I don't know where she even was. I was holding Liam, and just wondering how a mother can allow it, because just the THOUGHT of anyone laying an unjust FINGER on any of my kids makes my blood boil. I just don't get it.

If I could save each of those children, I would...without a moments thought. I asked Jeff last night, how can we make stuff like that stop, and he just shrugged. Truth is we can't do anymore then watch, and when we see something, report it, but with the social services system the way it is, sometimes that isn't even enough for these poor innocent children.

I think that we should open prisons JUST for child abusers/murderers...and once they are convicted, they should go there and endure the abuse daily that they 'enjoyed' giving themselves. Maybe that will prevent a fair bit. I don't care that it's "in-humane" who the fuck cares? They prey on innocents, and we are supposed to treat them humanely? I don't fucking think so.

Maybe, just MAYBE Obama, our "messiah" should concentrate on how to make the children safe, instead of prancing around volleying for the Olympics, accepting Nobel Peace Prizes (which, if he was able to actually protect the children of this, and any other, country he would actually DESERVE), and trying to give us health care we don't want. (Note here, in England, in the little boys case, he went to the doctor with a broken back and broken ribs, but since he was "miserable and cranky" the doctor didn't perform a full exam, and didn't find his broken bones...see what universal health care got him?) I want change! I want our kids to be safe! I don't want another little person who doesn't have a voice to endure pain because someone is a FUCKING MORON!

Perhaps we should approach Joe Apriao, he'd have a 'just' solution!

And as a close...my thoughts are with all those innocent little ones. I wish you strength until someone can save you, I wish I could.

5 comments:

mandy_moo said...

Hear, hear!! Sometimes I torture myself by looking at the Oregon Waiting Children--children who are in foster care but ready to be adopted--and just wish so bad I could adopt them. One of the little families had the cutest flippin little kids, and reading their stories made me bawl... the oldest girl is obsessed over having enough food because they never had enough in her home, so she had food control issues.

It really sucks that there is so much child abuse in this world, and it really REALLY sucks that there isn't really anything I can do about it. However, I strongly believe that God is just, and the people who abuse those innocent children will get theirs. Maybe not in this life, but it will happen.

iiri said...

Exactly Mandy...

Jeff and I were talking on the way to the laundromat, and we've decided that after our next successful pregnancy we are going to look into becoming foster parents,(because of a HIGH chance of being on bed-rest during pregnancy, and that's just not fair to any child, never mind a foster child) At least that way we can help, and make a difference, albeit small, but it's something we CAN do...

It just sucks...I've been on the verge of tears all day...

Jeff said last night, he doesn't believe in heaven / God / etc, but if there is such a place, he hopes there's a special kind of Hell for the abusers. I agree.

mandy_moo said...

You know what's REALLY sad? The main goal of most foster care programs is to get the kids back to their families, no matter what the circumstances were. I understand wanting to get kids back to their bio parents, but there is a point when enough is enough and they shouldn't have to go back to their bio parents.

Kim said...

That video hit so hard. I had nightmares the night after seeing it. Full blown I woke up screaming seeing the abuse Peter went through.

I do try to avoid those videos, there are something I just can't handle and that is one. I get so angry, every cell in my body screams wanting to give the asshole who hurt the child some of that same hurt.

All we can do is hold our babies a little tighter, and try to help the ones we can.

iiri said...

Kim, it affected me much the same way. I let my guard down, and Peter made his way into my heart, and then the torment just makes me cry every time I see Liam do something, and I think of that poor boy, because he can't, or if he did, it was alone, and likely in pain...it's been awful.

I am having a rough time of getting through it, but I feel like I need to grieve for him, because maybe the people who should have, didn't, and he deserves so much more then that.