Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day.

I am thanking my Father, who is watching over us, for his service in the Air Force. He was active during the Cuban Missile crisis, and during Vietnam.

I am thanking my Uncle John, who served in the Air force. He served during Vietnam.

I am thanking my Uncle George, who served in the Navy.

I am thanking my 'friend' Tim (I believe he was Army), who is a co-worker of Jeff's.

I am thanking Jeff's sister Robin, for her time in the Army.

I am thanking Lynn's father Newt, for his time served.

I am thanking my cousins, who some are still serving, and some have already served.

I am thanking my friend Terry, he is still serving in the Navy, and has fairly recently returned home from his third deployment.

I am thanking my friend Graham, he is currently serving in the Navy, and is currently deployed.

I am thanking my friend Sarah's husband Joe, for his time served in the Marines.

I am thanking an estranged friend, Ken, for his time served in the Vermont National Guard.

I am thanking my neighbor, Bill. He served during Vietnam.

I am thanking my ex-husband Aaron, for his time served in the Air Force. (He's since passed away, and is now watching over his girls from above.)

I am thanking all who have served our country.

Thank you to all who are currently serving our country.

Thank you for putting your life on the line, and in some cases on hold, to make sure we are safe, and to make sure our rights as Americans are not taken away. Thank you for trying to make the world a better place. Thank you for leaving your wives, husbands, children and parents behind while you fight an invisible enemy. Thank you for doing this every day without a thought. Thank you to the families who stay at home, and make sure 'home' is what they left it.

I appreciate it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Couldn't have said it better myself!