I really have nothing of importance to say. Sure there is a lot of random nothing I can blog about, but nothing really seems to jump out at me and say WRITE!
I can blog about how I'm tired, but if you read my little tidbit over on the right (--->) you already know that. First line, right there... nothing new.
I can blog about the fact that my birthday was this past weekend, and I got a broken car the day after. (I got other stuff, before you think that's ALL I got. A pink snuggie from Mom, pink pencils, and the book 'An Echo In The Bone' by Diana Gabaldon . So my actual birth DAY was good.) Yeah, the car hates me. Seriously. It must. On our way to wine tasting it decided to pitch a fit. Driving up the road, Jeff looks at the car weird, then pulls it over, telling me it's steering hard. Liam is now awake, and looking confused, as am I. Jeffs looks under the hood and pulls out a broken belt...ugh. I noticed a garage across the street, which looked open, and Jeff drives the car over to ask advice. the guy (nice guy, looked for free) took a look and assured Jeff it was safe to get us back. So...minus a belt Jeff muscled it back to 'rutvegas', and no wine tasting for us. We dropped it off at the service station we use, and threw the keys, with a description (broken belt in the car, goes to power steering and a/c?) of the problem in their drop box. That was Saturday.
Today is Monday, and they call and tell us it needs a new a/c belt, a new a/c compressor, a new pump, and a new alternator belt (I think that's it, I may have added or subtracted something?). Then we are told that they had to order parts...could be a couple days...great I have to work Thursday. Parts come in tomorrow, MAYBE it will be done Wednesday? So I call Jeff...I tell him what they said, he calls them and calls me back.
They will give us a rental car for me to get to work if need be for Thursday, on their dime. Sweet. We have to pay for the belts, because (quoting Jeff, I'm really not being a bitch here) he did something right and got the extra care warranty, which covers everything BUT the belts ... supposedly. We'll see when we go to pick up the car on what ever day it is. SO he got the good details, I got the "we need to do more then replace the belt" spiel...way to add to my already (highish today) anxiety.
Seems every time we have a trip to Jeff's homeland planned the car throws a fit too. We have had to replace all four tires, and front brakes...now this. We have had the car 1 year 8 months. Every time, about a month before a MD trip, it does stuff like this. It's like it's telling me I am not allowed to go enjoy a different place. See? It hates me!
It squeaks when you stop sometimes. So 2 weeks ago, when we had it in for a routine oil change, I asked them to take a look. they found nothing wrong with it, no reason for it to squeak. I was thinking that since we were planning a trip, the BACK brakes needed fixed (of course). When they said it checked out, and it's just a random squeak, I was thrilled!
Now, not so much.
2 comments:
Happy belated birthday! Sorry the car is acting up. If I didn't need a car, I wouldn't have one. I hate cars, they are such a waste of money!
sucky! I'm sorry your car is giving you problems. I know how it goes. I finally got a "good" car last December after having a piece of junk (it was nice car it just gave me all sorts of issues) it seemed like as soon as we fixed on issue something else would break. I had that car for 5 years and was SO happy to see it go!
Post a Comment