Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th...

Funny it's never been a day that really bothered me one way or the other.. I am really not worried about it, although I think it's funny watching people react to it. TO me it's just another day. Just like black cats are just another cat..although that thought might be because we have two who are constantly crossing out paths here, so if they're bad luck, then I'm full of it.

SO Friday the 13th. It was a good start, really thought I would make it through with no huge breakdowns. I was able to establish Liam's lack of paperwork (which I was assured 2 months ago that it would be tree.) You wanna hear about it? Sure...ready to be bored.

WIC appointment in mid-September. the finger prick said Liam's iron was a tad low. I called the doc, he put Liam on iron supplements, and a nurse called later and said to bring him to the lab in 2 months for blood work. Ok. I asked if we had to pick up any paperwork, she said nope, she was faxing it right over, and they would have it on file. Ok. Fast forward to about 2 weeks or so ago at Liam's 18 month weel child visit. DB checks and sees that the order is still there, and adds varicella test (Liam had some odd spots a while back). Ok. Fast forward to today, I decide to call and make sure the paperwork is in order before I bring my 19 month old in to have his arm poked. Well, they could find the varicella paperwork, but not the iron test. Ok. SO I called the doc office, THEY said that the lab has the paperwork...which of course, they told me they didn't. So good thing I called, the doc's office agreed to resend the order over. I'll be calling monday to make sure before we go in.

All in all, a pain, but not bad. I can handle it.

I speak to my doc, about the sleeping issues of a couple nights ago. (I laid in bed all night, and didn't sleep a wink...). He decided that ambien is ok to take and nurse Liam in the morning...Ok, so another good thing accomplished.

Dishes got done...another good thing...

Now, if you are reading this surely you know that we had car problems last weekend. SO Monday morning the car place (which I will call AM for now) calls and says that they are going to see what's up with the car, but it'll probably be done by Tues. Ok. No worries. AM calls back later and says the damage is a little bit more then expected, and since they are a chevy, not Chrysler, they need to order parts. They said they will have them over-nighted, and the parts will be there Wednesday, and they will have it done Thursday. Sighs, but I had to work Thursday. So they did somethng, and they got a one day car rental, no charge. ok. Good news is the insurance Jeff purchased with the car will cover most of the repair, so we'll only have to pay for the belt(s) (quotes us $28). Ok. Jeff tells them to go ahead and inspect it too, which costs $31. Ok.

The plan WAS, before I had sleep issues, for me to go to work, come home, get dinner started, then go return the rental car before we incurred an extra day rental charge, and pick up our car. GOOD thing, I guess, that I had sleep issues. Jeff stayed home and tended to Liam (who wasn't feeling well) and that allowed me to get a little rest after work, but it also meant that HE coudl return the car. So I suggested he call to see if ours was done...NOPE! SO I followed him to return the car, and brought him back home in Mom's car. I was a little irritated that they told us it would be ready, and didn't call (they did, but we had left 10 minutes before, so even then I would have been burned) to let us know it wasn't ready...but it would be ready tomorrow (this) morning...

So, since Mom worked today, the only option to get the car was to bringher to work in the afternoon if it, in fact, got done. Which it did.

(Tiny side note, when we dropped the car off Saturday, we filled out a form that asked if we wanted to be contacted if the total was over blank amount, we said $100...)

So, Jeff just got home for lunch (NOT the norm) and AM calls, and says car's done! YAY! Jeff is going to work in R anyway, so he can get it...I asked for a total,s o I could pass it on to Jeff, thinking 65 or so is what they quoted us. She told me she'd go find out, and call me back. A few minutes later, and she calls back. Somehow the $60 or so we were quoted turned into 119!!!!

Turns out, during inspection, they found a couple things that needed fixed...so "for $25 and $14 we just went ahead and did it." WTF!?!! I'm SORRY but $25 and $14 don't seem like a lot to YOU I guess, but for us (who has already had a rough time because of t he propane issue below) it's a bit especially with x-mas coming. The kicker, the inspection was still GOOD until the end of Dec, so in theory they could have skipped it, or at least CALLED and said, hey this is what we found...blah blah (which they should have done)

That's when *I* stop dealing with it, and turn it over to Jeff. I was just way to stressed about it, and pissed off about it, so it's all him now...I know he called and talked to the Service Manager, and came home with the car with a bill of $85. Handle-able, but I'm still pissed about it.

The SM at AM apparently really wanted to make sure jeff was 'ok' at the end of the day, because he called this evening on his way out, to let Jeff know his brake lights were on (he left the other car there). The SM informed Jeff that he informed the service team that's in tomorrow that if he needs jumped, do it, and for free.

IMO, the SM may be the ONLY reason I will go there after our free oil changes are done.

I miss Jonathan, he treated us right, but he left...

So. That's the overall Friday the 13th experience for me. Not anything unusual...just like any other 'typical' day that pisses me off...just with a 13 attached.

Oh, and Liam REALLY likes Andes Candies, enough so that he tried to eat them, wrapper and all.

3 comments:

Kate said...

oh liam! i used to love those candies too...yum!
sorry about the car fiasco... but at least it's DONE, right? enjoy your weekend ms. iiri!!

Lisa said...

I hate mechanics... obviously not of all of them but the majority just try to suck money right out of you. I hate when they prey on people not knowing about their trade.

Glad you got the car back, though. I am sure it will make it a lot easier.

Kate said...

just had to pop on again after reading your green bean casserole post on my blog & say, IIRI- I LOVE YOU! :)