did ya miss me? No? That's ok, I don't need you to.
There really hasn't been a whole lot going on, well, there has, but some I can't comment on...yet.
Things have overall been same ole same ole, and that's ok, I like that. Other then then family fiasco, things are well. (Family fiasco I don't think I've commented on either here recently, and that's another, can't comment...yet.)
Moods, they have been, well, me, and you know what that means.
I have gotten into crafts and sewing (and as I have previously been) knitting. I'm finishing off Jeff's stocking, and have a couple other projects under my belt (you can find a link to my 'crafty' blog to the right). The next things I want to do is learn to crochet, as Kae asked for a blanket (I have a beautiful knit afghan, and she wants it, but in purple, but it took me like, a year to do it) and I've heard that crochet pieces are easier (once you learn) and faster. So, yeah, that's up there on my list to learn. Another thing is to knit mittens. I think knit mittens are just SO cute!
Did you listen to Imus yesterday? I did, and really, I never do, so it's almost like I was meant to listen and be upset. The topic that was on, in the brief few minutes I actually stopped to listen, was about circumcision. Yes, I was upset, and I am quoted to have said "Bullshit!" on every point that the female (Deirdre, or the other chick, not sure) made (all inaccurate facts and stats...every single one of them). The only part that I found remotely funny (and even then, while the thought was entertaining, I still have a "yeah, so?" attitude) was when they were wondering what having intact men would do with the porn industry and womens magazines. While it did entertain me (and would LOVE to see an intact men in either genre) what that commentary proved to me, was that for the female commentator, it was a visual issue. It doesn't look right.
Now, let me get this right, people will mutilate their sons, with inaccurate information, just cause it looks better? Really? The fact that their son has no choice in the matter means nothing, but that's ok, cause it looks better.
(cough)
BULLSHIT!
His body, his choice. He will one day be an adult, and capable of making that choice for himself.
Back off the soapbox.
So, how are you?
1 comment:
um, i missed you :)
Post a Comment