Odd blog title I know. There is a reason I titled it 'red truck' seriously, not really that weird...maybe 'stalkerish' but not really, because if it was truly stalkerish, It would have been much sooner.
Let me start out a few years ago, right after the time my ex-husband and I separated. While we (A and I) were together, Kae waited for the bus at the top of the driveway, she was not alone, she was with K and L (both older). So there was never much of a need to worry about Kae up there by her self. When A and I seperated, one fo the two girls was often here, and so for a while, still Kae was at the top of the driveway with one or the other, waiting for the bus. Then, the girls stopped coming over, and so I walked Kae to the top of the driveway.
After a few days, I noticed a pattern, and realized that I would see the same red truck every morning. He would wave, I would wave (or give the good ole Vermont head nod). It was routine. I didn't know who he was, didn't think he knew who I was, but every morning, he would pull out of the road, and wave, and I would wave back. The pattern continued for the rest of the schol year, and part of the next, then I think the "Red Truck" had a schedule change, and no longer left for (what else could it be?) work while we waited for the bus, but a little later, and I could hear it go by, and would think to myself "there goes my red truck." I would hear it on occasion on his way home, and random times on the way out.
There were a few occasions when I would see the red truck outside random stores, but due to whatever reasons, I never had teh chance to stop and see who the 'red truck' is.
It all started (just over) four years ago, so that's why I say, this is stalkerish, but not. Epic Fail on the investigation.
Tonight, on my way home from work, I was going to stop at the red store. I saw the red truck.
I thought "There's my red truck! I might actually be able to figure out who drives it!" So I went in, and glanced at the customers, I quickly zeroed in on the person who most looked like my memory of the driver (remember, seen through the window of his truck while driving past, and it's been a couple years since I've seen him). I walked up to him, and without any warning started in...
"Excuse me?" He looked at me. "Is that your red truck out there?"
Slight blank look, then understanding. "Yes."
"Hi! You live up on (road) right?"
SLight surprised look. "Yes"
"I live right on the drive way just past (road) and a few years ago would wave to you when you drove by while my daughter was waiting for the bus."
Understanding. "And your name is?"
"Iiri."
"I thought so, I'm N."
"What?!?! OMG!?!? Really?!?! WHOA!" I hugged him!
Turns out. N. I went to high school with him. He and I were in the same class. I haven't seen him since he left school senior year!
He and I chatted for a few minutes, and we caught up (in the typical stand in every other customers way fashion you do in small local stores.)
After a few hugs, and a few more "Whoas!" later, we parted ways, with assurances of meeting up sometime.
I'm very glad to say that I am very happy I finally (or should I just say) know who drives "My Red Truck".
Small world, huh?
4 comments:
around here, very small world ;)
it is around here too every one waves at every one weather or not you know them..
how cool! & i thought this was going in a creepy stalker direction, lol. glad for your sake & kae's that it was an old school buddy... small world!
I thought it was going stalkerish in the other direction too! Glad you were able to catch up!
Post a Comment