Thursday, May 13, 2010

Songs...

Ok, so I was told i should list songs that bring back a memory, or feelings. Ok. i am taking a broad brush here, and no holds barred. Possible trigs I guess as well...

Mr Big - "To Be With You"
Reminds me of my ex BF (in high school and ever so slightly beyond) J. It just brings me back to that time. I really don't know why.

Daniel Powter - "Bad Day"
I just love this song. Seriously, the line "Faking a smaile with your coffee to go", yeah, I have done that. to many times. I just love it. It ranks up there with Alanis Morissette's "Ironic". I don't know. Maybe it's a post twin thing.

Janis Joplin - "Me and Bobby McGee"
This song. Lyric wise, means not much (except to me it's fun). It's the fact that it's a song that reminds me of my Father. There are a couple memories that go with it. One, a memory, Dad and I were in his blue truck, listening to a very loud 'Me and Bobby McGee', backing up the driveway. We were both singing, and laughing, and just general happy. Then. Bam! We backed into Mom's car! She was pulling into the driveway and the music was so loud we couldn't hear her horn! LOL! Thankfully, there was no damage done, well, none aside from Mom being pretty pissed! Second reason, since it was a mutual favorite song of Dad's and mine, after his stroke, I sang it to him, hoping that it would bring him back to me, to us. I couldn't finish it, perhaps I knew?

Celine Dion - "My Heart Will Go On
"
This one, lyrics really bring me back to Julian and Tristian....

"Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you
That is how I know you go on

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go till we're gone

Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

You're here, there's nothing I fear
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
And my heart will go on and on"

It does.

6 comments:

Legerdemain said...

Woohoo, Iiri list. ;)

Good songs.

iiri said...

Liar, you hate janis joplin, and Me and Bobby McGee, so :P

Legerdemain said...

Just because I hate that song, doesn't mean it's not a good song. It's just not a good song to me ;)

Kim said...

Good ones!

Kate said...

bobby mcgee is a "dad" song for me too :)

mandy_moo said...

Love the story about hitting your mom's car, LOL!!