Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December

December is TTTS (Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome) Awareness month. Specifically December 7th is TTTS Awareness Day.

If you read this, then you know a family who has been affected by this disorder. We lost our Twin Boys, Julian and Tristian, to TTTS. There are other families who have lost only one of their precious babies, and still others who have overcome all the obstacles and odds and brought both of their babies home.

I am very thankful for my medical team in Fletcher Allen that took care of me while I was there, pregnant and afraid for my babies. I always had my questions answered, and even though I had a few disagreements, I don't have a complaint. Dr. C, Dr. R, Dr. B, Dr. F (the FA version, not the R version who I think caused us to lose the twins) and a few others that I can't remember the names to....Thank you.

I am so thankful for Dr. Carr and Dr. Luks for preforming a laser surgery in an effort to try to break the connection in the placenta that was causing the problem.

I am tremendously thankful for the NICU Doctors and Nurses, who tried to keep Julian and Tristian with us. (Especially Dr. M. Jeff and I are forever grateful to him for his efforts and caring. Nurse ??, who took BEAUTIFUL pictures of Julian, thank you.)

Without them, we may never have had a chance to know our babies in this life.

Please, even if you mention this disorder to one person...that one person is one MORE person who is aware.

I miss you Julian. I miss you Tristian. We all miss you. We will be together again one day.

(For more information on TTTS please visit The Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome Foundation or Fetal Hope Foundation )

4 comments:

Kate said...

((hugs)) lots of love to you & yours

Lisa said...

I will be thinking of you and your family this month. You educated me on the matter when I was pregnant with my boys. You helped me ask the right questions to my doctors. Thank you for being such a great advocate. I am so sorry that it came with such a high cost...

mandy_moo said...

(((HUGS))) I always cry when I read about J&T...

Amanda said...

Big (((HUGS))) all month long (and after too!)