To start, Jeff wants me to write a bad blog about him. He says he sucks. Yes, he and I have had our struggles and arguments recently (and I really don't know why, but maybe in the air?), but nothing that I really think is blog worthy. Yeah, he is male, I am female, we have different thoughts and expectations. We talk it out, we deal with it, we get over it. That's what we do...there that part (although not bad) done. Satisfied Jeff?
Part two. This whole "resolution" crap for new years eve. I think if a resolution on NYE is worthy of being a NYE resolution, it should be worthy of an 'anytime' resolution, meaning, if it's important to you, why wait until NYE? Seriously. Be nice, be kind, thank people who do nice to you...etc...should be common sense... I just don't 'get' the NYE resolution stuff, tried it, failed at it, and now, thinking back, when I resolve to do something, and mean it, it doesn't matter what day it is.
Part three. Looking back on the year. Yes, it was 365 days. 365 good days, I had my family around me. I made another year without smoking. We found a dead squirrel in our water spring. We just today evicted a raccoon from our basement. We saw a bear dining on our trash. A family of deer walked down our driveway (according to Mom, I didn't see). Woody (our resident groundhog) I haven't seen for months (ok, summer months, fall, winter he should be hibernating), I hope he's ok. It's been a year of wild animals to me. Yes things personally have happened...but really, it's all just what we call 'life'.
Part four, brought on by the fact I took a break from blogging to watch the movie paranormal activity (not a bad movie, but not great). Hauntings. I have had a few moments this year that seriously make me wonder. As recently as yesterday. I was woken up yesterday morning to someone saying my name, but Jeff was at work, Kae was in bed, Mom, she just didn't say it (she couldn't remember if she was up at 717 am) and Liam, he doesn't say 'Iiri', he says Momma. So yeah. A distinct male voice, saying 'Iiri'. That's how I woke up. Top that with the answering machine talking randomly, and cell phones calling home when no one is near them. it all adds up. I have said it before. I will say it again. I think it's time to call TAPS perhaps.
Part five. It's just under ten minutes until the "New Year". I will leave this here. I hope you all have a good new year. I know a lot of you can't wait for it. I get the impression that '09 is like "Bush", but a year...maybe it's because '09 brought Obama...hmm, maybe I'm onto something. A LOT of people can't wait until '10...maybe because it's closer to a new president. I can only 'hope" (LOL! pun intended!). (Yes, we all know how I feel politically. I had to go there, oh well!)
Talk to you next year!
4 comments:
Happy New Year! I hope 2010 brings you all the hope you need and want. Take care!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! I can't say we are happy to see 2009 go...it was a great year sharing it with a little one...but I am excited to meet Eli in '10
He doesn't suck, you have a relationship, that's part of it, you have arguments, if you said you didn't you would be lying :).
Great point on the resolution thing, I just want to be a better person and not complain, but you're right can decide that any day.
Great job on not smoking for another whole year, that is fantastic!!!
I wish you a blessed 2010, maybe it be everything we all hope for.
Love your point on the resolution, your 100% right. I do not make NYE resolutions, why I will fail.
I had another thought, but poof it is gone..
Post a Comment