Saturday, December 12, 2009

Dear Dad,

It's been 6 years and 3 days since you left us here.

I know that you were not 'you' after your last stroke, and so your passing was what you wanted, but I still miss you.

I know that Julian and Tristian are with you, and I also know that you are taking great care of them. That makes me feel a little better, that they are not alone, but there are days that I miss you so much, I want you back. I know that's selfish of me, but hey, I'm being honest right, and you taught me to always be honest.

It helps that I dream of you sometimes. The dreams don't always make sense, but you're there so that's all that matters.

I am doing my best to keep things sorted here...there are times though I just don't know what to do, but I do my best.

I just needed to tell you that I love you and I miss you. Give Julian and Tristian a hug and kiss for me, and ask Gabe if he wants to dig a hole...

Klatu Berata Nicktoe.