Wednesday, March 11, 2009

For no particular reason.

I just felt like popping by and writing a little something while I watch "Ghost Hunters" (which, admittedly, freaks me out just a little bit, but it's like an addiction, I LOVE watching it.)

I often wonder if the house I have lived in is haunted. I have lived here my whole life (with brief couple years spans of living elsewhere.), and have often had the sensation of someone watching, listening, things moving (although that could be poor memory, but for the sake of argument here lets pretend our memories are all fine). We feel gentle cool breezes when there shouldn't be any. I "dropped" a bowl of spaghetti once, that felt more like it was flipped deliberately out of my hand. Sounds come and go, faint.

I don't know if at the time I was seeing things in fear / excitement, or if it was an actual experience. When I was in high school, a friend and I made a home made Ouija board, and while using it, I looked at her face, which seemed "demonic" I flipped out, of course, and haven't touched a Ouija board of any kind since. (Dad always told me not to touch one, but I had to learn from experience.)

Weird things, just odd. Kae often states that she feels like she's being watched, and that she thinks the house is haunted. My father used to believe it, and maybe now he's here haunting us as well, watching over us with the twins.

The house has a long rich history, so it wouldn't be surprising to find out that it's haunted. It was built in the mid 1800's, as an old stage coach house. When my parents rebuilt part of the house, they found the outside of the house was a bit larger then the inside (more then the norm, before one of my readers has a smartass remark :P ) and so I believe (and it's not verified, so it's only a guess on my part) that the house could have been a part of the underground railroad. While tearing down and adding on to the house, we found a well that was filled in. Why? We don't know. It all reinforces my thought though, that this house could very well be haunted.

Maybe we should call TAPS.

Maybe not. If the house IS haunted, I don't want, nor do I need, proof. I have a hard enough time sleeping as it is.

1 comment:

mandy_moo said...

oooooh that's just creepy...... :0