This PISSED ME OFF to no end....it is partially regarding abortion (which I believe is wrong, and not ever justifiable, and that will be reflected). It also mentions possibly emotionally upsetting stuff, and I do not mince words on my opinion.
Some time in the last week, I can't remember what day, I was half listening to the news. the report was that the "Fetal homicide bill did not pass in New Hampshire, just like it didn't pass in Vermont. Abortion supporters were concerned that abortion rights would be at risk" or some thing very similar.
The story originated a few months ago where a women lost her twins in a car crash, she was 6 months pregnant at the time, but because they were not 'born alive' she couldn't go after, or convince the state to go after, the driver for a manslaughter or even a homicide (it was a dui) charge. I completely support her. Her babies deserve justice, but they will not get it, so she did the next best thing, she raised awareness to the point that bills were brought the Vt and NH legislature. The bills both were very specific in stating abortion rights would not be affected, but basically if a baby dies in utero, and is wanted, that is a death, and can be persued as a homicide or manslaughter charge. I can see the 'haziness' the abortion supporters would see with it, except that it does not affect abortions. point blank, a WANTED baby you can get tried for, an UNWANTED baby (Oh that hurts to type :'-() you can't. The bill says as much.
The bill did not pass because of Abortion Issues.
Let me get this right. A woman who really WANTED her baby(ies) should recieve NO justice for her baby(ies) being KILLED, but a woman who wants to KILL her UNWANTED baby gets to sail by?!?!?!
How is that right? The woman who lost two of her babies, slightly over a year after her daughter was born still gets to sit at home, with empty arms, while the fuckhead of a man (woman?) who was driving goes home and has dinner with their family...and that's ok how?
The woman who goes to have an abortion because she CHOSE to have a one night stand without protection is protected though, and she can go kill her innocent unborn baby, and not worry about repercussions of killing said baby, because the bill that would have protected her right to kill her baby ANYWAY did not pass.
Yeah. I'm bitter.
6 comments:
Agreed. I could say more, but I'm afraid I'd take it even further than you did. ;)
That is just bull shit and i agree with you 100%
Wow... I don't even know what to say. seldom am I ever rendered speechless...
That is just wrong in every sense of everything.
Although, I am not sure of your laws, but in NV, if a DUI offender causes bodily harm (which is what this would be) they have to serve 2 years, no early out, no good time. A flat two years. Which two years is nothing compared to a life-time. But it is a start.
It makes me sick to my stomach to think of what that poor woman has gone through. I could say a lot more but I don't want to hijack and get even more upset. Uuuggghhhh.
I completely agree. I am sad for the family that lost their babies and I am sorry for you that you have to hear such nonsense.
Post a Comment