Anyone else think he's a pretty on top of it hot individual? LOL! I like him, as a character. I have since the first episode of '24'. He know that what he does is against protocol, but that's not important. What is important to him, what is number one, is that he gets the job done, in a way that is quick, and true to himself. He's like the 'Braveheart' of the 21st century.
Now, where I am going with this, I am not sure. You all know that I start and just kinda go, and since I was watching '24' seemed a good place to start. Did anyone realize that Keifer Sutherland is a twin? He has a twin sister. Funny huh? I think it's rather funny, because I have noticed that a LOT of people I really like are twins. Vin Diesel. He's a twin. Linda Hamilton, twin. Jill Hennesey, twin. Jason Hawes on 'Ghosthunters', he HAS twins. Anyway. Funny what you realize. I don't think that's where I'm going though.
I think I am going to the spot where I said he is true to him self, Jack Bauer (JB). I wonder, how many people are true to who they are, who they REALLY are. I know that for me, I am a bitch to some people. I can come off as harsh, mean, I was even called very recently "an insensitive human being". Fine, I am all those things, but I am me. I say what I think. I generally don't mince words. I just put it out there. Strangers often don't know how to take me when I 'tell it how I see it.' Does it bother me that these people often are taken aback and don't like me? Sometimes, but it's not the 'norm' for me to even think twice about it. It really depends on who I am dealing with
People who really don't take others into account, they piss me off. Ironically, they are usually the ones who get the most pissed off by me. Seriously. you can tell. you can hear it, the air of 'I'm better then you' is there, for all to breathe and be poisoned by. And you know what? I'm true to myself. I point out their stupidity (for lack of a better term). They usually get ultra upset, and then an argument ensues...I am not afraid to argue my side, and will. I will stand by it, and I will admit when I spoke wrongly, or out of context, or of someone tells me what they meant, and I 'get it' even though I didn't see it at first, I'll admit that. They usually get really upset by me. I am sure I could carry myself differently, or even try to be gentle and delicate with my words, but why? I would MUCH prefer people to be frank and honest with me, so why not treat others as I would be treated. If I am being honest, why not be frank?
I will say, there have been moments, just moments, when I think I could have handled something better, but I really would never go back and change it. I also know that there are those people out there who see beyond that. They know me. They know they will ALWAYS know where tehy stand with me. They appreciate my frankness, and my willingness to go to bat for something I believe. They like it. Well, they tell me they do anyway, and well, my thinking is, I'm honest with them, so I expect it back. I have not heard otherwise. I do try to respect them. If they ask me to back off, I do.If they ask for 'help' (knowing I will go start a ruckus) i'm right there, they are who I support. Not the insane idiots who are wrapped up int heir own (but not their own at all) thoughts.
I have said before, I will say again, and I will say right now. I am me. I is who I is. Love me, hate me, what-ever. I don't need your approval, I am true to myself, and who I am, and that is what is important.
Back to JB for a second. I think maybe I like him becaue he and I are similar in a few ways. No I wouldn't go out and allow someone to cut someone else's hand off, but speaking up for what I believe, yeah. I am there. He is true to himself. There too, I am. Does he care what people think? Yes. Do i? Yes. If you are important to me. I care. Does that mean I don't hurt? No. Someone who shouldn't have ever hurt me did recently, and I haven't spoken to her since. I just don't know how, or even what to say. By saying nothing, I am being true to myself, because anything I say right now, at this moment, would not be right, so I will not say anything at all.
Anyway, all that to say....people are idiots...well, a good many of them. It makes me wonder, are they true to themselves?
P.S. 2 years 2 days smoke free! Yay me!
4 comments:
heehe, I'm a brave, brave man to be with you ... ;)
Love ya, good blog.
Heheee, I suppose you are.
I love you too!
I never knew Jb was a twin until I think i read it on ur fb,I also didnt know Vin Diesel was a twin.
I dont like people who are what I call fake. I dont think you are harsh or a bitch you just speak your mind and stand up for what you believe in and I think that is a awsome quility in a person there are not many people like that and if you step on people toes then skrew them.
Congrats again on being smoke free for 2 yr and 2 days I wish I had never started back after having Maddox:(
way to go on the 2+ smoke free years, iiri!!!! woo-hoo!!!
& for the record, i think you're pretty awesome. how could any one NOT love our iiri the protector? ;)
Post a Comment