Thursday, April 9, 2009

Three years....

Three years.

Three years ago, I was sitting on my Mums computer, being miserable. I was going through a divorce, my hamster passed away, my puppy Midgie Rae was sick, a good friend had just left for Iraq, and I was talking to my cousins wife. Ok, so Cathy really wasn't such a bad thing. I didn't mean for it to sound that way.

Anyway.

Cathy was also talking to someone else, who apparently was was miserable as I was. He was also going through a divorce (ironically, "her" choice, but she was cheating on him, her loss), and was really having rough night.

Cathy got tired. Yup, she did. Instead of bidding me goodnight, and going to bed, she said "Here, talk to him." and apparently said the same to him. Jeff and I "met".

3 years ago I started talking to the man who is sitting but inches from me right now. 3 years ago I spoke to the man that I share three sons with (two of which have passed away, and are missed tremendously!). 3 years ago I started speaking to what proved to be my future, my past, and my dreams. 3 years ago I would have never guessed I would be here, today, writing this.

I need to thank Cathy for getting tired that night. Maybe I also need to thank Jeff for being miserable. Maybe I need to thank Terry for deploying. Maybe I just need to give thanks.

I do give thanks.

Thank you Jeff, for being with me, and in my life, for these three years. I know it's another couple months until we meet, but today, three years ago, is the day I met my soulmate.

I love you!

(P.S. I have had a little to drink, so I apologize for any typos...now, off to bed with me! Heheee! ;) )

No comments: