Wife Swap. Really. Where do they find half of the people on the show. Don't get me wrong, the show entertains me. I watch it every day while I try to get Liam to take a nap (note the word try). It is just mindless TV on in the background. Every now and then I learn something that I would like to incorporate into my house, mostly though, it's just on. I wonder often when I watch it, what would happen if I were on the show. WOuld Jeff get so mad he would kick the other wife out. WOuld I get so mad I would walk off the show? Would the kids actually benefit? Best question yet..would I get to sleep through the night?
Survivor. Fun. Where do they find half THESE people? They are all cocky, yeah I can do it types, who usually fall into the trap of trusting someone else who is not worth their time, all the while starving and dehydrated, more often then not drowning in torrential rain. There was a time when I would have done GREAT on the show, when I weighed 110, ate practically nothing. The downfall would have been I was constantly cold, so a shivering me trying to avoid tribal council. Not so good. I would not have won the million I don't think, well, unless I found someone the size of James or Rupert to keep me warm and carry me through.
Big Brother. Comedy. nothing like taking a bunch of people and tossing them in a house together for 3 months. I love watching the interactions between the people on this show, and it's one I think that I could even do now. I love how we get the inside scoop on the diary room, and know what's going on behind the scenes so to speak. There have been many times when I just want to smack my head and say duh, but hey, that's what it's about. Again, I could do 'ok' on this one...prolly not win, but ok.
Solitary. Messed up! This is a reality show that just takes you to your limit...over and over and over again. The prize is only 50 grand, but hey. if the contestants think it's worth their time (which it may be worth a week of torture you do to yourself). I am not sure I would be able to pull through this one to even attempt to win, but willing to try..and probably amuse the public in the process.
The Amazing Race. Different. I have wanted to do this one since I first watched it. It's like a free ticket to see the world, granted in fast forward mode, but who cares? I love the fact that every where they go there is a taste of the local culture. I like history, so I guess that would be why this one interests me, it's history in the making, with a prize if you are the fastest. I keep asking Jeff to do it with me, but he's not big on flying, and well, there's a LOT of flying involved. Anyone out there want to apply to this show with me?
The Mole. An oldie but goodie. I loved this show. I wish they would bring it back. I loved trying to figure out who the mole was. It was only a few episodes, but enough for me to really enjoy watching it. I would have so much fun, but again, probably lose.
i can't think of any more to ramble about right now. I know there are likely plenty I am missing, but I was bored, and Liam is sleeping and Kae is on her way home from school, so I thought I would waste a few minutes and ramble about Wife Swap...which I am currently watching.
Plus. I haven't blogged for awhile.
1 comment:
Iiri, great post. I used to watch a lot of reality tv. But now that my "alone" time is so limited, I don't anymore.
Also, I nominated you for an award on my blog. If you have time, you can check it out...
Post a Comment