I kinda giggle as I write this (long awaited?) post. It's similar in tone to another blog that was written this evening by a friend, and this one has been brewing slowly in my head all afternoon since I heard these words.
"She wrote this letter to her husband, and it was her last letter to him." Kae continued with the following quote -
"Please know that I am quite aware of the hazards. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others."
Seriously? Upon doing more research, I found this other letter to her (then future) husband.
"You must know again my reluctancy to marry, my feeling that I shatter thereby chances in work which means so much to me.
In our life together I shall not hold you to any medieval code of faithfulness to me, nor shall I consider myself bound to you similarly.
I may have to keep some place where I can go to be myself now and then, for I cannot guarantee to endure at all times the confinements of even an attractive cage.
I must extract a cruel promise, and that is you will let me go in a year if we find no happiness together. "
We hold her in high esteem why? She left her husband a final letter that told him she cared not if she hurt him, but her selfishness for "women's rights" over rode any feeling she may have for him, and before they were even married, she basically told him she would marry him, but he would be allowed, and she also would be allowed, infidelity. In a time where infidelity is not allowed, she practically demanded it.
I never liked her, never cared for her, and hearing her letter to her husband before she left, I like her less.
The women is Amelia Earhart.
We hold her in high esteem why? Because she flew a plane?
HA! You're funny.
3 comments:
Yeah and what's said is the Woman's movement have held this person in the highest esteem as what women should be or strive to be.
Yet we forget about those that stay-at-home, or work part-time to have more time with the kids.
Or we have strong women who lead businesses to multi-million, if not billion in business, and they can be called whores.
Yet we are to revere this woman who admitted she would be unfaithful.
yeah.
I don't ask for much, I want the same rights as:
women
illegals
and
democrats. ;)
See and she never did much for me. Truth be told about the only thing good that came from the womens rights movement was the right to vote.
We lost morals, and values in exchange.
Iiri, this quote from the LDS general Young Women's President reflects my feelings on women like Amelia Earheart. "The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity." -Margaret D. Nadauld
It is really sad to me that she is set on a pedestal and to know that she didn't believe in fidelity in marriage is disturbing to me. What are we trying to teach our young women? That it is okay to cheat or be cheated on and that as long as there is a mutual understanding that makes it right? I'm glad I'm homeschooling and if I get a chance to have a daughter she will be a lady.
Post a Comment